Thursday, October 18, 2012

Seventeen.




So September the 28 was my 17th birthday...
It was a really great day and a sweet birthday.
First, I arrived at school early for an officer meeting and was greeted by a cookie cake, Nutella brownies, and coffee cupcakes..so it started out pretty great. 
In first period I was forced to stand in front of the class to be sang to...and was greeted with this sweet surprise......



I was asked to please disregard the singing, so you should do the same :)


This was a COMPLETE shock, seeing as we don't talk much and I didn't think anyone would EVER ask ME to homecoming...




For lunch, my mom and a friend brought me lunch and came to eat with me, but they wouldn't allow B to come in, so we had to eat outside, but it was okay. It was so sweet of her to bring me food, I am so lucky to have her as a friend!!

This year my birthday fell on a pep-rally day, which was great because it meant every class was 5 minutes shorter. Our choir class got to sing the National Anthem, which was fun.

After school, I met up with B at the aquatic center where we left my car before heading to main street.
We stopped by TEAM and found a really pretty vintage dress that I fell in love with, but didn't end up getting because I didn't have the money.  I didn't end up leaving empty handed, I picked up a few children's  books for a local book drive. Eventually, we met up with a couple other friends at a cute little soda fountain..
This place was so adorable, It was set up like a picture from older movies, with a bar when you walk in, hand made milkshakes, sodas, and sundaes.  the menus were made out of records and there was even a free jukebox. A friend of mine works there and so I invited her tho join us all at my house after she got off work, and we finished hanging out in town. 

After the Ice-cream, we went to goodwill. we goofed off, playing with glasses, dancing to the music, and making videos of our mayhem. I didn't find a dress, but I did find a pair of adorable shoes for 3 dollars, so all was not lost :)

after goodwill, we headed to Kroger to buy groceries for the Taco Pie we planned on making for dinner. (It was so delicious!! I totally recommend it!)  After getting groceries, we drove back to my car. While collecting my things, I realized I no longer had my phone.. at some point between the soda shop and Kroger I had misplaced my phone..I calmly panicked. We searched through both cars, called the other girls to see if it was in their car. I quickly checked my backpack to no avail.. we then headed back to goodwill to check there. When we still found no luck we called the soda shop...still no.. By this time I was discouraged.. I had no idea where It could have been..I was for sure I didn't leave it in Kroger, but I guess It wouldn't hurt to look, plus I needed to get gas anyway.
First, I pulled On the wrong side of the pump. When we were searching for cars to buy, we looked at several that the gas cap was opened by a button in the car, So I spent 5 minutes looking for a button only to realize that the car I actually bought just had a normal cap..after pumping gas, I realized that a guy parked nearby had been watching me this whole time and prolly thought I was a freak.. I went and parked next to B who was checking my bag once more for the missing phone, she walked over to my window to inform me that I had left my gas cap off....oh dear.. I was just a Failure.. 
As she was checking my bag I started to explain how I always kept my phone in a specific pocket, and how i didn't know why it wasn't there.. I reached to check once more and clutching my fingers around a rectangle object...I busted out laughing..and then started yelling in the parking lot "Thank you Jesus!! Whoo! praise my Jesus!!" 

We headed home to finish up the taco pie and eat it. I was presented with a beautiful cake made by B. She made it look like my favorite food..Tacos!!



I believe that:
Shell-cookie
Meat-maybe Oreo/chocolate icing
Lettuce-coconut flakes, colored green
Sour cream-Marshmallow cream
Tomato-Strawberry Licorish sticks
Cheese-Flattened Starbursts

The rest of the night was spent goofing off and doing normal sleepover stuff..I felt 10 again... we braided hair, had a massage train, watched a movie and ate popcorn and had a sleepover on the living room floor....







If you look very carefully, you can see the top of B's head peaking creeping through the window..


Who could ask for better friends? Love you guys!!!

Love, Felicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment