Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sweet Songs, Smiles, and Sparklers

Looking back on last year and all it brought with it, I really learned to appreciate true friendships and making the most of the days we are given. I recently stumbled upon a new song by JJ Heller and fell in love.

It's beautiful lyrics paint a picture of fresh starts and focusing on what's important.

I want to take a moment to pray the lyrics on this upcoming year, then show you a little something that makes me smile.

This year
I’m not looking back to who I was
Because I’m gonna be someone
I’ve never been
This year
I’m not focused on the cracks in the walls
Not keeping track of all the times I fall
This year

[Chorus:]
So long to last year
It’s all becoming so clear
There is no use living in regret
Let’s fight a good fight
Train our eyes to find the light
That makes this year the best one yet!
Starting right here
Happy New Year! Happy New Year!

This year
I plan on thinking less of "I" and "me"
I resolve to think of "us" and "we"
This year
I can’t wait to see what good will come
To feel alive instead of feeling numb
This year

[Chorus x2:]
So long to last year
It’s all becoming so clear
There is no use living in regret
Let’s fight a good fight
Train our eyes to find the light
That makes this year the best one yet!
Starting right here
Happy New Year! Happy New Year!



Dear Daddy,
 Thank you so much for the past year of my life.
Thank you for the change, the growth, the hurt, and the happy.
Thank you for blessing me with the beginning of a new year and a chance to start fresh.
I Pray that you help me focus on the here and now rather than on the yesterday and back then. I pray that you help me let go of the hurt and frustrations. I pray that you help me focus less on who I was and more on who I am and can be. I pray that you help me to be the woman that you created me to be, not just who I wish I was.
Lord, help me to let go of the negatives and not focus on the broken or cracked. I will fall, I am human and make mistakes. Help me not to focus on my failings and focus instead on how you make me new and tell me that I am yours.
God I am letting go of the past and giving you my future. Thank you for helping me realize that there is no benefit in living in the past. Help me to live today to it's fullest and make the most of this new year you've so graciously given me.
God, help me to be more selfless, to get rid of myself and put on you. Help me to have a servants heart and to desire to love and care for the least of these, "the others". God, I am so excited to see what amazing and growing things you bring this next year. I pray that you fill me with your life and love and help me to overflow it to onto others. I pray you replace me with you. 
God I Give you all the friends, hurt, pain, anger, and confusion of the past year. I release my stubborn grip and let you have it. I don't want to be bound by it anymore. I don't want to be prisoner to regret, "what if", or "I could have". I want to run the race with my eyes ahead and focused on you and you alone. I want to give you my all and go out swinging.

Lord help me to live 2015 to the fullest. To love limitlessly, to give endlessly, to hope unfailingly. Help me dive into your love and mercy. I choose you Today.

Amen




Here is the result of a little creativity, fun, laughter, friendship, and fireworks. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it.

     




Hope your new year is full of growth and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment