Thursday, January 15, 2015

Three Months

I don't want to get all mushy or romantic on here, but I have this blog to share things that mean something to me; things that make me smile, things that make my heart happy, and things that I want to be able to look back on and remember. This next post is one of those moments.

I recently shared a date with my best friend. A date to mark teamwork that has been intentional for three months.

As I work through life with my best friend by my side, I figure out that each adventure is the new best.. I can't help but think that our adventures can't get any better. I mean, I have my best friend as my adventure partner.  But each little outing and big adventure is better than the last, a time full of fun, laughter, and learning a little more about the other.

The date to celebrate this 3 month milestone may just be my favorite adventure yet. I have to write it down because I want to be able to look back on and remember the happiest of times when I'm older and wiser even if to laugh at my younger self.  Chances are there will have been some rough patches by then because well, it's life and its not all butterflies and perfect dates, but that doesn't mean it's not true and wont last. Truth is, this means something to me and I want to be able to look back and see what I genuinely felt as a 19year old college freshman who was falling in love with her best friend.

1-12-15
I was picked up around 5/6  after Alan's first day at his new job. I was instructed to bring a couple of blankets and we could leave. I grabbed my favorite quilt and headed to his car, he opened the passenger door like a gentleman and we headed out on our newest adventure.

We were both dressed a little spiffy and frankly a little like preppy hipsters as we hit the town in layers, cardigans, and sweaters. We hit the road hand in hand, talking about our days while listening to an adventure playlist on Spotify. Our first stop was Panda Express, where we ordered take-out before hitting market street where I got a mango smoothie and he got a coffee. Next we found a parking garage where we climbed to the roof of and had a picnic. A Chinese take out picnic with chopsticks and fortune cookies. It was chilly, but we made the most of it, joking, laughing, enjoying the view and each others company. It was so romantic the way the wind blew my hair into my face and I started to choke on it(note sarcasm here).. but despite my awkward self, we were on top of the world. We even had a fake candle app to make it more cliche.. It was perfect. I gave him the next set of legos and my heart couldn't help but smile when I saw his face light up upon receiving them.

It got a little chilly and I had a blanket, so I did what any other normal person would have done...turn it into a cape and run around the rooftop. I'm so glad Alan accepts my weirdness. Talk turned to the best cream soda,  little blue french horns, and old times making jello and it seemed that the most reasonable next step of the date was to go to Walmart and buy blue jello. So we did. We picked up Blue jello and sea creature molds then stopped by sonic to grab some ice cream before heading home.

We finished the night by coloring and making way too much jello. We laughed together as my family all crowded in the kitchen as I introduced Alan to Rhett and Link on youtube. I walked him out and after running in to retrieve his keys, he walked out to me planking on his car..

It was full of quirks and maybe even a few cheesy cliches, but it was so full of us and I really can't think of any way the night could have been better. He is my favorite and I really love sharing my life with him.

Three months..
Here's to many more.



Here's a little something I put together to commemorate my perfect evening with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment