Thursday, April 5, 2012

Reflecting Him

     I feel accomplished. My desire to be set apart in Christ hasn't gone unnoticed. I have drawn in the heart of a young man who doesn't really have a good walk with the Lord, I'm honestly not even sure if he is saved. 

     He has told me he has an interest in me, and seems to care about me, but I am not ready to date anyone. I don't have an interest in dating anyone at this point in time because i think its pointless for me to be searching for a husband so young. Plus, I trust God to bring the perfect man at the perfect time.

     But, anyway, I let the guy know That I wasn't ready to date anyone, and kindly let him know that that I didn't know him well enough yet( it had been only three or so days since we had met), plus I haven't ever been in a relationship and didn't want to ruin that for someone I didn't even know(and couldn't really see myself dating, character wise). I continued being friendly and sometimes he would walk me to class, I was slightly embarrassed because people who saw us were thinking we were "together", but i kept reminding myself that it doesn't matter what other people think, and I am witnessing to this young man with my actions. We would talk about interests, about school, and about religion. I finally got the opportunity to invite him to youth. He told me he'd think about it since he didn't believe in God and he feared being judged.

 The next day he came up to me and asked about how i felt about the fact that he didn't believe in God, I thought for a moment before I simply replied with: "It doesn't really matter, Well It does because I care about your eternal safety, but it doesn't make me not want to be friends, I don't judge you for tat decision." He looked at me smiling and said " I was hoping you would say that." He showed me that he had a cross on his class ring and he proceeded to tell me that he was a believer, but was doing an experiment to see how people would react. He came to the conclusion that a lot of Christians were the worst about judging, I made a mental note of that. I asked him how he knew he was a christian, and he said he's always been one, and he was baptized as a baby, and I tried to explain how all you have to do is just believe that Jesus Christ died for you and ask him to come live inside of you, but I am not very good with words, so I knew I had to get him to church.

 It was then I realized why God had drawn this guy to me, It wasn't for him to have a relationship with me, but for him to start a relationship with God. It didn't take a lot of coaxing to get him to agree to come to youth group. i think he is still trying to impress me, but I don't mind so much since it is helping me to be able to share Jesus with him. 
I know you are probably thinking that i am leading him on, and I have felt bad about that as well, but I am being very careful about it, and he knows that I do not plan on dating him. I pray that that I don't hurt him. 

But still, I wasn't sure if he was all talk or if he'd actually show. Well He did!!  and on the perfect night too, we learned the importance of Easter and the gospel, and even though he may have felt judged by the power of the message, I think it is really what he needed to hear. Even though it was awkward to have a guy following me around at youth,  I really hope he chooses to come back!!

 Please be praying for this man, that His walk with God will continue to grow, and that God will continue to use me for His glory. And maybe even allow this man to accept God as his personal savior. How cool would that be?

God bless! And remember: Continue to reflect Jesus because you never know who is watching.

Love, Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment