Thursday, February 2, 2012

Raindrops on Rooftops

                                                                               Rain.
                                                              God's glorious gift to earth.



     I absolutely love rain, it fills me with joy. I am sitting here listening to the drops hitting the different surfaces like the percussion section in a band,  feeling the cold, wet beads against my skin, and watching puddles form in the streets. Tiny droplets bounce off the blades of grass and the flower's petals. I watch as the ground is drinking in the heavenly moisture. 
    Some days I enjoy sitting outside in a hidden place.
 I love sitting on the roof, it helps clear my head listening to the music of nature. It helps me to think, being alone in a peaceful place, surrounded by beauty..serenity.
 There are days when rain makes me want to snuggle up near a window with a blanket and a book. Then there are the days that it gives me this energy and I just want to dance and sing while jumping in EVERY puddle and praising the creator of the universe. 
The pounding thunder of a storm makes my heart race and I feel invincible because if the God who created something so powerful is on my side, what do I have to fear?
                 Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?


I took these pictures of a friend of mine playing in the rain..I love them!


 Everything is greener after a shower, the rain helps everything to grow. 
When everything is dry and seems dead, we pray and ask God to send rain.
In the same way, when we feel dead in our faith we should ask Christ to "reign" in our lives so we may grow in Him

Sometimes we may go through "storms" in our lives as part of God's plan to help us bloom into our full potential as the lovely beings we were created to be.

Click here to see her blog  

There are times when the storms are so thick that we can't see very far ahead of us. Often we get upset that we cannot see the future, or we don't think about the big picture and we just want to get out of the water because we feel we are drowning, but we must remember that it is all  part of God's plan to help us grow in Him. Into the Beautiful person He made us to be.


And don't worry, He will water you just enough to bring out your beauty in Him.
Love, Felicity

1 comment:

  1. washed white as snow by the calmer of the seas, by the one who walks on water! i love this post. I think I'll have to keep coming back to read it!

    ReplyDelete