Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bundles of joy

Today was interesting.. I woke up to the sound of a screaming puppy.


     We found 3 puppies outside, scattered around, and by the time my mom and the kids arrived Jojo became frantic and tried burying them to protect them, so we saved two from being buried alive and we had to help a little female who was left with her umbilical cord still attached. After the burying incident, we moved Jojo and the puppies into our laundry room, where she calmed down so much!! She had just had her fifth baby when my sister busts in with a huge smile shouting "look what I found in the grass!!" Then there were six.
      It continued like this for awhile until we had ten. We thought she was done until we came back to check and she was in labor again. Number 11 eleven didn't make it, we named him Dino-mite. Right after him came number 12 and again we thought that was it, but pretty soon thirteen came and she picked him up and went to  nurse and care for her puppies. We thought for sure she was done.

A couple friends of mine came over to see the new little rascals and right before they left she had number fourteen. As soon as he was born, we knew something wasn't right. He wasn't crying as much and he was pretty still. Jojo wasn't paying him much attention. We picked up the weak little puppy and tried to stimulate it's lungs, but it was deformed. It's little feet were curved in and its little lungs underdeveloped. I have been holding it since, just keeping it happy till it passes. After that she had one more, a BIG (healthy) baby girl.

My doggy had a huge litter, 15 to be exact. One didn't make it, and another is dying in my arms as I type this with only one hand. It's sooo sad watching my little buddy struggle for each breath. I wanted to name him Elvis for his elfish ears, but he was a precious little guy, so i named him Elvis Preshly (thanks for the great idea Beth). He died in my arms.

So now we've got 13 little fur-balls (9 boys and 4 girls).  They are quite adorable!!



















































This is my little Elvis :) my "special" puppy

Thank you God for creating such cute creatures! 
Love, Felicity



No comments:

Post a Comment