Saturday, August 18, 2012

CAMP!

 Heyo!! I got to spend the week at church camp, and I absolutely had a blast.
 The Food was amazing, the games were fun, we worked hard, and were outside all day for a week, but Drawing closer to god was the best part!! Our speaker was really influencial and Great, and he spoke God's word with passion. On the first or second night we had 17 people accept Christ. It was so great.



Our cook-out breakfast


win....just win




 Some verses and key phrases that stuck out, were:

  • God wants 100% of us, not for us just to come to him when we need something or when things are good. 
  • God offers more than Sunday mornings.
  • There is a difference between working out and training. And in order to get "bible big"/"Jesus swole", we need to stop working out for God, and start training for him( be in his word everyday and live it out)
  • If you don't know who God is, you cant follow him. We get to know him by spending time in his word. therefore we need to have a quiet time daily, so that we can get to know our God.
  • Mark 1:35 - just like Jesus, we need to set a time and a place for our quiet time because if we leave it up to chance, chances are it wont happen.
  • Proverbs 4:23
  • Quiet time is not about quantity, its about quality. It doesnt matter how much you read, or how much time you spend, it matters what you get out of it.
  • Worship is simply loving God with WHATEVER you do.
  • Am I living in such a way that says "I know that God is in love with me"? or do I have a broken identity  What's keeping me from accepting the fact that I am cherished by a king?
  • We need to receive His love in order to know him because He is love.
  • We are told to consider it pure joy when trials come.
  • Jesus walking on water shows us that God is bigger than our storms. 
  • Just like Peter, when we come back from camp we are on fire for God, but shortly we get destracted and start to sink. We just need to keep our eyes on Christ and take a step of faith, just remember that He will never let us sink





lama!!
 We played this really cool game where you work together with your partner to smuggle a "bible" to the
"underground church" without getting caught. It is played in the pitch dark and only the "cops" have flashlights. My partner and I were so close to the goal when we dashed across the path and I ran smack into this GIANT aloe plant and fell down laughing. Dave came over laughing and took our bible, but not before we had a very humorous conversation.
this pic is terrible, but this is the plant i ran into in our night game.. it was spiky.


 


 I really loved how they made time in our schedules for a set quiet time, I feel like I learned a lot and want to continue diving into his word daily.


Our speaker gave us a little guide to help lead our quiet time, I think it is very helpful, so I shall share it with you.

(It should be linked to this later)

Bible Big Training Program




"this is the chillest donkey ever" -Kendall


  I faced many fears this week.
 I did the big swing ( not without being dressed in a harness and dragged (literally) to the ladder),
 I did the zipline (upside down),
and I got blobbed for the first time.

I also discovered that I love to rock climb.

awkward face!!






Joseph, after the leader hunt


Bananaaaaas UNITE!

I almost sat on this little guy.. oops



  We made a trip to enchanted rock on Thursday, which will be described in a later post.

So, i didn't really enjoy this moment.....uhhhh


gorilla, man, gun.

a "red eyed devil"
It bit my mother and drew blood




I got quite squished, pushed, and dragged.

i love my small group



We learned a lot about being servants this week. It was really neat getting to help out in the kitchen and the food line.


ugh, I look bad





                                            











The view up there was so wonderful!! We went on a couple hikes up the hills, and I was in awe.





That has to be the best face ever..





   We had to make sure to stay hydrated because we were outside a lot!









Thankfully we had no serious injuries. We had only 5 hospital visits; 
two for poison ivy, one for stitches, one for a broken nose, and another for a dislocated shoulder. I came out pretty well, I only had a bit of dehydration and a smashed finger from the carpet-ball game.

This is a terrible pic, but my pinky was purple, blue, and quite swollen.








Camp was great and it was by far the best camp experience i have had so far!
I want to go back next year really badly, maybe even be on staff. 

God Bless!!
 Love, Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment